PERMANENT COMMITTEE ON INTERNATIONAL EUCHARISTIC CONGRESSES &
EPISCOPAL COMMISSION ON LITURGY
MECHANICS FOR THE REGIONAL SONGWRITING COMPETITION
- To Promote and enhance the celebration of
the Eucharistic year with Mary through a songwriting contest to
be performed by a choral or solo performance in a regional
- To present the winning compositions or
musical pieces in a public performance at the national level,
televised nationwide; and
- To contribute new compositions for
liturgical celebrations and worship activities.
- The competition is open to all.
- Entries may be in Bicolano, Cebuano,
Ilocano, Ilonggo, and Tagalog written in any genre and must not
exceed five (5) minutes.
- All entries must include the following:
- demo tape
- musical score with chords
- arrangement (if any)
- entry form with parish priestís
- English translation of the song.
- Submit entries before August 31, 2005 to
the Host- Archdiocese.
- Please see below the Regional
Coordinators, addresses and contact numbers of respective
language groups. Each Archdiocese will host the regional
competition but entries may come from any part of the country.
Fr. Nilo Mangussad
Mary, Queen of Peace
EDSA, corner Ortigas
Ave., Quezon City
631-5734/ (02) 635-5881
- All submitted entries would be screened by
a committee comprised of respected and popular musician from the
Catholic sectors of the region. Selected entries shall be
considered finalists to the Regional level Competition.
- Each finalist is expected to choose an
individual or group to perform his/ her entry during the
Regional competition to be organized by the host-Archdiocese.
- The Board of Judges shall be chosen by the
Regional committee and will be introduced during the contest
- Criteria for judging:
Liturgical value 30%
- Cash prizes will be awarded to the First
Prize winner and two runner-ups.
11. The Regional First Prize winner qualifies
for the national Event with their winning composition to be
performed and interpreted by a seasoned artist or group, to be
televised nationwide and may be recorded in a CD by the Jesuit Music